Fundamentals of Agile for Project Managers, Fall 2018
Agile methods are in great demand - here is an opportunity to master what it's about!
Are you a traditional project manager who needs to know more about Agile? In this training we will review the Agile values and principles as well as different Agile methodologies. The Scrum methodology will be focused on in more detail with topics on implementation, roles and responsibilities, and how to manage projects within Scrum. Other topics will cover the typical challenges Agile for teams as well as traditional project managers who are new to Agile. Also, there will be a brief discussion on tools that can help teams and also project managers who are using the Agile methodology.
For projects in which the requirements are continuously changing, you may need a more proactive project management approach; Agile!
|Date:||Wednesday, September 12th|
|Location:||The Project Solvers' Training Facility in East Rochester|
Lunch is included in the course fee.
HOW YOU'LL BENEFIT
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe Agile project management.
- describe the Scrum methodology used to manage a project.
- manage projects using the Scrum methodology.
- understand the critical success factors to implement Agile.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- This course is intended for Project Managers, Program Managers, or anyone who wants to efficiently manage projects that experience frequent changes in user requirements. It is ideal for those who would like an introduction to Agile methods (esp. Scrum), learn the pros/cons, and understand the steps necessary to manage an Agile project. For those already managing Agile/Scrum projects it may be too high-level.
WHAT IS COVERED
Aget this course you should be able to:
- Provide an overview of Agile methods
- Describe the Values of Agile
- Describe the Principles of Agile
- Identify Methodologies of Agile
Using and Managing Scrum
- Identify Roles and Responsibilities in Scrum
- Implement the Scrum Process
- Estimating a Scrum Project
- Track Scrum Projects
- Communication in Scrum Projects
- Best Practices to Manage Scrum
Understanding Critical Success Factors to Implement Agile
- List Risks in Agile Projects
- Myths About Agile - What's the difference between a Project Manager and a Scrum Master?
- List the Challenges in Agile
- List the Benefits of Agile